Introducing GhostSolo - a free and open source Ghost Theme
GhostSolo is a free and open source Ghost theme created for solo bloggers.
GhostSolo is a free and open source Ghost theme created primarily for solo bloggers.
I wanted something clean and simple that was focused around a single author writing mostly technical content. I wanted to make us of Ghost's inbuilt email newsletter and membership options. Finally, I wanted to build something flexible that others might find useful.
I have a little bit of work to go before the theme can be considered "ready for public release" but if you think you might like to try it out, feel free to contact me for help.
- Clean responsive design
- Dark/light theme toggle
- The theme is customisable via CSS variables (see https://github.com/lukencode/GhostSolo#customise)
- Ghost membership support (click subscribe in the header for a live demo!)
- Curate the homepage with pinned posts using #pinned tag
- Tag pages - eg Code
- Better support for Ghost editor blocks (bookmark etc)
- Full paid membership support
- Post template with table of contents
- Some sort of "clips" tag option to format shorter posts. (Inspired by the awesome linear.app changelog)
- Tag listing page
- A cool animated header with the current post title
- More post curation options
GhostSolo is built on Bootstrap v5 and the Ghost Starter Theme.
I learned a lot about Ghost themes and modern frontend development while building the theme. These are posts (some coming soon) that I have written about it.
- CSS variable dark mode toggle
- How to build a custom Ghost theme
- Use Github actions to build, create and publish a release